Ground prep for new Intex-26'X52"

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
We are preparing the ground for a new ultra frame pool. Upgrading from the 18' x 48" to either a 22' or 26' x 52" ultra frame. Had the old pool on a platform, relocating to a bigger, sunnier spot. Last year the water never got above 78. Son grew to 5'11", so we needed a deeper pool.
We traded our old pool for the excavation. Tried to give our friend some cash, too, he wouldn't take it. I will help his girlfriend put it up soon.

We are currently working on removing the larger rocks. Yikes!

Going to tamp the dirt when rocks are gone.We plan on putting sand, then a Gorilla pad and blocks under the legs. Can't wait to get the pool up and enjoy the warmer water! Hoping to build a deck too. I love taking pictures, so will try to post lots of them!

Re: Ground prep for new Intex-Not sure what size!

You've got one of those monster boys too huh? My boy is over 6ft now too but he's in his 20's. Boy was in huskies since he got out of kindergarten. lol

Good luck on your pool hun! Take lots of pics and buy the biggest pool you can afford n fit!

Thanks! Been using the TFP method since I got the 18' pool a few years ago. I shall never be pool stored! I will have more time to devote to ground prep next week, hope to be done in two weeks or less. Of course, that's if I can get the new pool this weekend.

What are y'all feeding those boys! LOL I am glad I don't have to shop for it!

Congrats! on the big pool! You will love it!

That is a lot of rocks. Your poor back!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's a PA thing kimkats! lol We grow them farm boys big here!

5 ton of modified 2A, ready to go!

Son didn't want to wait for our friend with the Kubota, he hauled about half of it himself.

Our friend let him use the Kubota to finish bringing it over. Those pics I did with my regular camera, not my cell. We got it pretty level, then it rained, and we were having trouble with our cat's health, so it's not quite ready to be tamped. Really wishing I had pushed harder to get it up, it's supposed to be 90 degrees Friday. Also have to order the sand and pick up the blocks for under the feet. Then we will be ready to put it up!

Got the rock base tamped, the top rail of the frame put together as a guide, and the blocks bought and placed. We still have to level the blocks and get the sand delivered. Hoping to be filling in less than a week!! (The blocks look more out of level than they really will be, the rocks got uprooted a bit when moving the frame. Was getting late when we got finished.)

Hoping to get a few extra hands to help spread out the liner when it's time. Praying there are no leaks! I do know that many times it sweats under the liner when you first start filling Intex pools, which can look like a leak. I've panicked more than once with our old pool.

Ugh, this rain and thunderstorm stuff needs to quit! I know Texas has it way worse, but every time I try to go work on the pool it starts to rain or thunder. I only got two blocks leveled before I had to go in the house. I ordered the sand delivery for Saturday, wanted to be mostly ready when the brought it. It has rained everyday for over a week, I think.

Pool site is looking good. My pool is so full from rain, my CYA dropped by 10 n my pH went up.

Finally got something done today without having to stop due to rain! (Though it did sprinkle as I was cleaning up, even though it wasn't supposed to!) I had already had 6 blocks for the legs leveled, got 6 more done tonight. More rain forecasted for tomorrow, looks like We'd. Will be my next work day. Only 14 more blocks to level. Ugh! If it weren't for the rain, I'd be done, I think!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.