Much higher chlorine than expected

Cobra 46,
Try running the pump at a level that does NOT trip the flow switch for say 75 percent of the total run time. Then run a program that ramps the pump up to a point that trips the switch for the remaining 25 percent of the time. It's tough trying to dial in these buggers, this time of year.

I just tested again last night after running 1% SWG and six hrs/day and measured some pretty good numbers.

FC......3.5
CC......0
TA......80
PH......7.7.....will add some acid tonight. Much slower increase now that the TA is lower.
CH......280
CYA....75
TEMP..59

The water is still very clear so I may try reducing the pump run time some more and increasing the SWG to 2%. I'm afraid that my CL may drop too low for my CYA level if I reduce the pump run time without increasing the SWG output.

With the information on this board I can't believe how easy it has been to adjust and maintain my chemistry. I've even been teaching my 11 year old to test the water. He's quite good at reading the pH colors. He doesn't realize I'm grooming him for a new chore :twisted: .

Lower your pump run time, but leave the Salt Chlorine Generator level at 1% for now. You really will not have much activity consuming your chlorine to worry about and there's less potential for algae to grow at cold temperatures.

If it gets even colder, you will get to a level where the unit may shut down under cold water temperature protection.
Most would recommend to hand dose any necessary chlorine at that point anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.