Mar 6, 2014
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi everyone,
Lurking and learning alot over the last 3 years... Love this site. Love that my friends make fun of my "chemistry set" (TFT testing kit). I use a SWG (Nature 2 fusion soft - mineral cartridge has not been replaced since install - more on that later). This year at opening I think I have/had 3 leaks.
1) The filter - leaked a little last year, replaced the O-ring this year and leak stopped.
2) connection to the SWG was loose - refitted that, leak number two and about an inch a day water loss stopped!
3) But this one I'm not sure what to do or how to confirm...the elbow on the pipe from the skimmer to the pump seems to be leaking. I can't see actual drops but the ground around is always wet looking and the pipe coming from the ground seems moist.

Any advise on how to confirm/fix/stop?

Thanks

Dry it off andd see how long it takes to get "moist" again. I suspecty not long.

I think you will either have to live with it (a good possibility in my book) or replace that entire valve, from the Tee to the 90 before it goes into the ground. If you are not familiar with PVC work, I would pay someone.

Leak number 3 is not a spot for a leak ler se. That is the suction side of the pump, therefore rather than leaking water while it is running, you would suck air and lose prime, or at a minimum, get a lot of air in the line. When the pump is running do you see a lot of air in the glass lid of the pump? Try turning off the pump, then look for a leak.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.