screw broke off where pressyre gauge goes

Whew. Talking about making a girl nervous!

- - - Updated - - -

Now, I am hearing some air in my jets in the steps. I have been hearing some after turning my pump on after refills but it goes away. Am I missing something? I made sure the gasket was down in the groove in the filter portion of the pump and no leaks around the gauge. Also, the gauge is showing about 15 so is that 115?

If there were air in the lines causing the noise, you would see bubbles coming out of the jets. If no bubbles, then its just a rush of water going through.
and the 15psi is 15.

The pool circulation system is whats called an open loop system. meaning the water goes back to where it came from, so the pressure is relatively low as compared to a closed loop system, like the water system in your house where you need a higher pressure.

Whew. Talking about making a girl nervous!

- - - Updated - - -

Now, I am hearing some air in my jets in the steps. I have been hearing some after turning my pump on after refills but it goes away. Am I missing something? I made sure the gasket was down in the groove in the filter portion of the pump and no leaks around the gauge. Also, the gauge is showing about 15 so is that 115?

Air sound quit after running a while. Now, there is a very small leak where the pipe comes out of the pump vertically (pipe coming out in between pump filter box and the actual pump motor itself). It wasn't bad, but was pooling up after a little while and then dripping off. I turned my pump off and dried it off really good and then put some silicone around the whole fitting. I know it may not hold up permantely, but surely it will help with it being a smaller leak. I really didn't want to rework that whole area there. Any suggestions on a better temporary fix than what I did?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.