Stenner recommendation.

Aug 9, 2012
Hello all. Looking to put in a Stenner to help automate chlorination. I am working a lot and want to make sure the pool stays nice and sanitary. Also, sick of pucks and constant CYA issues due to a small pool. So after a bit of research on this site, I've come up with this idea. I just want to run it by someone who has done it before and make sure I haven't missed anything. So I'm looking at Stenner Econ T series with built in timer. For options I am going to pick 8.5 gallons per day. Was a bit unsure about this but assuming I run pump for 6 hours minimum that would be up to 1.25 gallons per day, which should be more than enough. Agreed? Add on the 15 gallon tank which is will be mounted to. I was going to have it flow into the top part of my old in-line puck tube as some others have done. And it will be plugged into a gfci outlet which is already right there. Tell me your thoughts please. Thanks for your time.

I had considered a SWG but to be honest, I'm not the handiest of guys and the maintenance /installationseems like it may be a bit high.

You absolutely do not want it running into a puck feeder. That is an extremely bad idea, with the potential for causing an explosion.

Other than that, everything sounds reasonably good.

I would get one with a slightly higher flow rate. 6 hours is a lot of time to run the pump, most than most pools need. You wouldn't want the Stenner forcing you to continue running the pump for extra time should you change your mind about how much pump run time you need.

Cool. Thanks Jason for the recommendation on the bigger input tube. Can see how that could save a big headache in the future. And thanks Tim for the clarification on the tube. Not a whole lot of room after the tube, so maybe I'll just take it out and use that space for an injection point. So bear with the rookie question here. But assuming this is where I cut out the puck feeder, just get a T piece and inject on top where the arrow is?

image.jpg

Ok. Ordered the Stenner with timer and uv tank. Here's a plumbing question someone may be able to help with. Where I cut out the puck feeder and put the T in, what's the best way to attach the chlorine hose to the T? Is it possible to make it so I can remove the tube in the winter while still keeping a sealed system? What do you think the best way to go about that would be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.