You guys all think you're real smart, huh?

Nomorepoolguys

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Well... if you do, that probably would be pretty accurate.

After a couple of months without my pool guy putting in his 5 minutes and two pucks once a week (if he showed up at all), I have managed to put in my own 5 minutes, no pucks, and about two cups of bleach per day. Oh, and I keep the $120 per month. And low and behold, all of the chemistry checks seem to sit perfectly balanced, I simply add bleach daily.

In short, my pool looks fantastic. Its so easy to sit on the edge and watch the water ripple in the sun, especially while my wife thinks I'm cleaning something. Best part? I don't have to go to the pool store and hear "Well, doesn't look good. You need 20 pounds of dehydrated water, three bottles of pool Blueifyer, 17.625 ounces of Pool Store Magic dust and two spritzes of kosher oregano. That will be $863 and your wife please."

Again, thanks,

Ed

The really amazing part is that it doesn't take any great intellect to run a pool almost perfectly. It's stupidly easy once you understand just a little bit. My grandson is 14 and has no trouble caring for the pool when we are gone. It's overcoming the pool store indoctrination that is hard.

Well... if you do, that probably would be pretty accurate.

After a couple of months without my pool guy putting in his 5 minutes and two pucks once a week (if he showed up at all), I have managed to put in my own 5 minutes, no pucks, and about two cups of bleach per day. Oh, and I keep the $120 per month. And low and behold, all of the chemistry checks seem to sit perfectly balanced, I simply add bleach daily.

In short, my pool looks fantastic. Its so easy to sit on the edge and watch the water ripple in the sun, especially while my wife thinks I'm cleaning something. Best part? I don't have to go to the pool store and hear "Well, doesn't look good. You need 20 pounds of dehydrated water, three bottles of pool Blueifyer, 17.625 ounces of Pool Store Magic dust and two spritzes of kosher oregano. That will be $863 and your wife please."

Again, thanks,
Ed

Hey Ed, that's pretty funny. Welcome to TFP if I haven't said so before.

Congratulations on keeping your wife, and a nice pool. :mrgreen:

The really amazing part is that it doesn't take any great intellect to run a pool almost perfectly. It's stupidly easy once you understand just a little bit. My grandson is 14 and has no trouble caring for the pool when we are gone. It's overcoming the pool store indoctrination that is hard.

Dang it! Just when I was beginning to think I was smart for knowing this pool stuff. I need to get my oldest on the pool maintenance this summer more...

- - - Updated - - -

Soooooo, where is this pool store that accepts the wife as payment? Also, am I obligated to purchase anything or will they just take the wife for nothing in return?

Take my wife... please?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.