Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: getting my gallon calc right.

1. Back To Top    #1

getting my gallon calc right.

Just checking to make sure I need the formula for calculation of gallons in pool. I have been going on it being 4900 gal.
    Pool is 13' round by 4' deep. :
    AG 4000 gal.13' round Louisburg(cedar sides,top rails) Vinyl liner commercial Watsu pool
    indoor, 96 degree, AutoPilot digital salt chlorinator, Chemtrol 250 automated controler
    CarefreeClearwater ion generator, Mecomatic acid feed, Whisperflo WFE-4 1 h.p. pump
    Pentair Master temp 250 HD gas heater, Pentair CC200 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: getting my gallon calc right.

Pool calculator says 4000 gallons. pi r-squared H is 3.14 X 6.5 squared X 4 = 531 cubic feet X 7.8gallons per cubic ft yields roughly 4000 gallons as well.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, will you help figure out how much borax and acid for 4000 gal?
    AG 4000 gal.13' round Louisburg(cedar sides,top rails) Vinyl liner commercial Watsu pool
    indoor, 96 degree, AutoPilot digital salt chlorinator, Chemtrol 250 automated controler
    CarefreeClearwater ion generator, Mecomatic acid feed, Whisperflo WFE-4 1 h.p. pump

4. Back To Top    #4

take your time going through pool school this site. it is awesome and your answer was in there. please see this link

http://www.poolcalculator.com/

another good link for this type of data is (see the analyze your water, non-company sponsored)

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/pool-spa.asp

good reading

5. Back To Top    #5

neither of these help me. I have an automated salt generator and acid feed system.

6. Back To Top    #6

Chemistry101 has discussuions on borates and this thread is a good read.
    so-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-why-and-how-t4921.html

Dave
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by idowatsu
    neither of these help me. I have an automated salt generator and acid feed system.
    What is it that you are trying to figure out that my Pool Calculator won't help you with? You said something about borax and acid, but you never said what it was that you were trying to do.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

how much for a 4000 gal pool

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by idowatsu
    how much for a 4000 gal pool
    What are you trying to do? You shouldn't be adding anything to the pool unless there is a reason to add it. Is the PH off? Are you trying to raise the borate level? And what are your current water test results? We need to know what you are trying to do that might involve borax and acid and where the pool is starting from before we can help you.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School