Hello from thawing Minnesota

May 26, 2015
MN
Hay all, sitting here watching it get greener by the minute. Spent Friday getting pool up and running 18x 36 oval with slid and board. Yes we do play in the sun up here in Minnesota, and once she starts to show her face there is plenty to play in. Bought this house 7 years ago and was trilled with the thought of having a pool, and after 7 years I still am. I know that isn't always the story but that came with the realization that the pool shops are in the business to sell, sell sell. Over the years I have found that it can be pretty easy to care for a pool if you don't panic. Look forward to reading and contributing what I can.

Welcome to TFP, fellow Minnesotan! :wave:

We're vastly outnumbered by Texans around here but everyone's great at helping you learn to take control of your pool. Good luck and be sure to check out the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ask questions!

EDIT: Be sure to update your forum signature!
To change your profile and/or signature, select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & select Edit Profile or Edit Signature.

Welcome to TFP! Glad you are thawing out from that deep freeze winter we had! Sounds like you are a TFPC kind of person!

Get one of the Recommended Test Kits, I use the TF100 from tftestkits.net.

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here is the Water Balance for a saltwater pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

You're in a wonderful place Jim! How I miss Minnesota...

You've wandered into a great resource here - one that will cut your cost of pool operation. Read it and stay the course!