Coleman vs Intex

Just wanted to say I took the plunge and bought a coleman pool this year... it's the one that looks just like the intex ultra frame ones. Just got done installing a hayward through wall skimmer on it and wanted to add that all of the hose connections on the coleman pool are the exact same size as the intex ones.

Just wanted to say I took the plunge and bought a coleman pool this year... it's the one that looks just like the intex ultra frame ones. Just got done installing a hayward through wall skimmer on it and wanted to add that all of the hose connections on the coleman pool are the exact same size as the intex ones.
We've had an Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 for six years but it's too far gone to set up again this summer. The liner has dozens of patches in it, the ladder is broken and more than a few of the frame pieces are completely rusted to the point of disintegrating. I'm looking at the Coleman 16x48 as a replacement and wondered if we could keep the Intex saltwater system and hoses since they were replaced just two years ago and are still in good shape. Thanks for the info on the hose connections!

How does the Coleman liner compare to Intex? Same material quality and thickness as far as you can tell?

We have an Intex Ultra Frame 22'x52" (frame only) and wondered if a Coleman 22'x52" pool liner will work with that frame. They look very similar, and I saw that the hose connections on both are the exact same size.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have an Intex Ultra Frame 22'x52" (frame only) and wondered if a Coleman 22'x52" pool liner will work with that frame. They look very similar, and I saw that the hose connections on both are the exact same size.
[/youd have to check the diameter of the frame poles and make double sure the the "T" connections at the top rail would line up in the same place on both models.

We bought the Coleman 22x52 at 499.00 we wanted a large pool and could not find any in stock that size other than Coleman. It seems well constructed and the 2500 gallon pump has way more pressure and circulation than I could imagine. Liner had a motel pool look square images in different shades of blue water sparkles off it. We did but a over wall skimmer and a way better ladder.

We got the Coleman 22x52 and after installing and tearing down to relevel, we love it. Highly recommend the 4 inch blocks under the posts for support. I did upgrade to a Hayward CC1000 catridge filter and pump because I didn't want to run the small one 24/7. Also for starters I have the over the side skimmer and am happy with it. Next step is a better ladder though because that thing is cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.