2 Week Old Pool. Need Help.

May 26, 2015
Douglas/Georgia
Hi. I've had my pool for a little over two weeks. It has been great, but the company that installed it gave little maintenance advice other than suggesting we use a few expensive products. I'd rather find a way to avoid a reliance on these products.
I've included my pool specifics in my signature in hope that the members of this forum could help me understand what levels I should keep my pool at, and how to achieve and maintain those levels.
Thanks for all your help!

Good choice tm_dawg! TFP will keep you straight. Please start by looking at the links below in my signature - especially the Pool School for right now. First order of business ... do you have one of the recommended test kits (also I my link below)? You MUST have a good test kit (i.e. TF-100) to stay on-track. Everything you do and we advise hinges on that test kit.

Welcome to TFP Tm_dawg! :cheers:

We have recommended levels in Pool School, and I strongly encourage you to visit there. Start with the ABCs, and work your way up. We will be here to help answer questions. You will need a proper kit to test these levels and control them correctly, so see the links in my signature about those we suggest. It's really an essential tool to take care of the large investment you just made in your pool. Enjoy your time on the forum.

As already noted .... simply take a few minute to read the Pool School page. LOTs of good info there. Of course, obtaining one of the TFP recommended test kits will be the best tool you could possibly have. Once you receive it, post some of those accurate test results and we'll be glad to assist with any questions.

Its a shame that most installers just assume the owner will do what everyone else does and take their sample to the pool store. Most owners probably think thats the only option too. I was lucky that i found tfp near the beginning and only had a couple of pool store visits and wasted purchases (test strips and some chemical i didnt need from walmart)

Glad you found TFP! This process really works when applied per the numerous articles listed. Yes get a test kit this is of the utmost importance (proper kit). Follow up with the pool school as others mentioned. Maybe later add a picture or two. After you review the plethora of info on TFP come ask questions we do not bite (much). LOL..... cruse the forum and you will see lots of success stories.... good luck... Oh for your own use you might take pictures of the equipment and plumbing and mark the pipes if you know what they are so you will be sure to use the right settings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.