Removing water for cya Biologically

May 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Has anyone used the new product for removing high levels of CYA? I am at 200. BIO-ACTIVE reducer is the product, and I cannot afford to do a water exchange with water restrictions. Thanks.

Hi Danny, welcome to TFP! :wave:

Yes, there have been several people make reports on using this product here in the deep end forum. Unfortunately, there has been little success to report.

I would think with all the rain Centex has been getting, that restrictions will soon be lifted if not already where you are. Right now, replacement or extremely rare RO treatment are the only viable methods we know to recommend for Cya removal.

Danny, I've seen this asked before, so I'm going to ask you now ... What did you use (or how do you know) your CYA is over 200? Reason I ask is because some test kits, at least the TF-100, only go up to 100. Anything over 100 is treated somewhat as simply "exceeded". We might have some more advice for you based on your reply. Also, consider adding your pool info into your profile signature settings for the TFP experts to see in advance. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP! Is lake Travis still low? Our lake went from 13' down to 10' over and the dam is wide open. Yes, mixed to poor reviews so far on CYA reductions. There are quite a few threads going on it. Really partial drains and and refills is the only option right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.