Ready to open pool..test results included..am I good???

Jun 27, 2014
Boston, MA
ABove ground pool installed last year. Used TFP last year and used it for closing.
Pool still has cover on but I peeked under and I can see clear to bottom.
We'll be getting deck built probably this week so been trying to keep cover on as long as possible. Started filling/topping pool up this week to get ready to open.
Water still a little low/below skimmer line but will keep filling it tonite to tomorrow.
Did a test this moring:

FC:5
pH:7.5
TA: 130-140
couldn't do CYA as I'm out of reagent and should be receiving today.

Are we good to go? Could kids get in it now? Obviosuly will be adjusting CYA when I have results. Is TA too high..will that go down as we add more water and have kids play around in it?

You shouldn't have too much trouble with the TA being too high, until you get a SWG, but which time you will want TA to be lower. At worst you will need to lower the PH a bit more than one might want, but in a simple pool that shouldn't be a significant problem.

It is important to know your CYA level. Without that, you can't know what the correct FC level is. Other than that, everything looks fine.

It is safe to swim when:
Your chlorine level is below the shock level for your CYA level. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
Your PH is between 7.2 and 7.8
The water is clear

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here is the Water Balance for a saltwater pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.