Aquarite cell installation and switch instal

May 26, 2015
Toms River NJ
Hi all,
So I read the green install sheet before I read the manual and installed my flow switch before the cell and right after a 90 degree elbow. For me to put the flow switch correctly I have to rip everything out I just did. My question is, is it even worth trying to turn on the pool with the switch installed after the 90 degree? Is this just an recommendation or will it surely fail? Plus, no where does the cell tell you which is the front and which is the back. Can that be installed wrong or does it go a certain way?

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Here is a pic of my install. And if I have to swap it than my 2nd question is. Are they unions that connect the cell easy to get at a local Lowes or is this something Hayward only makes. I have not tried to look at the O-ring match up.

Attachments

• cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30
The flow switch can be installed backwards. There should be a small arrow in the outside showing the flow direction. If you can't find that, you can figure it out by looking at the switch it's self.

The flow switch will sometimes work even if it is too close to a 90, but will tend to require higher flow rates than what it is designed to require.

The flow switch can be installed backwards. There should be a small arrow in the outside showing the flow direction. If you can't find that, you can figure it out by looking at the switch it's self.

The flow switch will sometimes work even if it is too close to a 90, but will tend to require higher flow rates than what it is designed to require.

Yes, I see the flow arrow on the flow switch but can the actual Cell be installed backwards? I have seen it installed multiple ways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.