cubbybeave08

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
I am a brand new pool owner...I so far have made it through my first year as a pool owner...Thanks so much to the incredible people here on the forum. I bought my pool from the Great Escape last January. What a great time to buy a pool. I got such a great deal. Paid about $2000, less than I would have in the spring...the guy wanted to give it to me. Anyway...I knew nothing about pool ownership or how to keep a pool clean. Thankfully my sister by proxy, Ann, Frustratedpoolmom was able to personally walk me through all of the tuff stuff. Ann and I have know each other for almost 20 years, her husband Dave and I went to college together and were best man at each others wedding. Ann and Dave not only got us into pool ownership but also camping. We spend a lot of time together and we always have fun. Anyway...Ann has given me the best advice in the world...Come to trouble free pools dot com...she said one day. I did, and before our pool arrived I started learning about how to care for my pool. I spent less on pool chemicals this summer than I did on winter cover and winterizing my pool. BBB all the way for me...My wife thanked me regularly for keeping our pool sparkling clean all summer long. We will see what the winter brings and how clean the water is in the spring...But if it is yucky...I know how to clean it up!!! Thanks to all of you...My only problem is what do I do with my self all winter long!???!

If you close you pool correctly you should be able toopen in the spring to clear water. All you will have to do is adjust your chemicals, wait for it to get warm enough to swim and your done !!!

Football and hockey is on the ticket for the winter !

Hi cubbybeave08!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

We have lots of members that join and then, when they have some down time (like winter :roll: ) they come in and introduce themselves!

cubbybeave08 said:
My only problem is what do I do with my self all winter long!???!
:scratch: Well, I seem to remember Anne saying something about you having a kegerator? :mrgreen: That would go good with football & hockey?!

I have enjoyed reading your posts and we are glad to have you as a member! :lol:

How sweet :mrgreen: (sniffle, sniffle)

I think the four of us can come up with ways to spend the winter, LOL :wink: Like you all won't be obsessing about the Bears and Notre Dame and then Spring Training. And then about March we'll start obessing about whether we'll open green or crystal :roll: And then over her spring break, using our Vodka Logic of course, Mrs. Beave and I will be planning our summer excursions. Christmas will be a distant memory.... :thequeen:

Butterfly said:
Hi cubbybeave08!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

We have lots of members that join and then, when they have some down time (like winter :roll: ) they come in and introduce themselves!

cubbybeave08 said:
My only problem is what do I do with my self all winter long!???!
:scratch: Well, I seem to remember Anne saying something about you having a kegerator? :mrgreen: That would go good with football & hockey?!

I have enjoyed reading your posts and we are glad to have you as a member! :lol:

No that is my industrious neighbor Tony...but it sure is a good thing to have!!!

frustratedpoolmom said:

I think the four of us can come up with ways to spend the winter, LOL :wink: Like you all won't be obsessing about the Bears and Notre Dame and then Spring Training. And then about March we'll start obessing about whether we'll open green or crystal :roll: And then over her spring break, using our Vodka Logic of course, Mrs. Beave and I will be planning our summer excursions. Christmas will be a distant memory.... :thequeen:

I suppose I could start making a list of things I need to get for next summer...Like the solar bear heater...I don't like especially warm water, so I think the solar heater is the way to go. I also want to get started on building a deck and maybe a step up on a better automatic pool cleaner...the KonTiki is nice but it doesn't work like I want it to. It is always nice to plan ahead...So far the cover is not blowing about like it was since I put the milk jugs on...

frustratedpoolmom said:

Spring Training...what the heck is that...I hate the cubs...at least for the winter...