Air leak somewhere? Pump Issues.

May 25, 2015
Abbotsford
Here are the details.

20x40 pool 9' deep. In-ground pool vinyl liner.

Pump and sand filter are in a separate shed.

Under normal operation and filer all is ok.

When I attach my vacuum or Kreepy Krawly directly to the skimmer, the pump works for a while then starts to pull air. Then the pump re primes itself, pumps for 10-20 seconds then looses all suction again. This process repeats itself over and over.

Can anyone suggest anything?

I don't want to think my underground pipe from skimmer to pump might be broken and have a leak... since the pump only starts to suck air when there is excess resistance on the suction side at the pool skimmer. uugh.

Thanks in advance.

Suction side air leaks can be hard to located, and are often a process of elimination, you can use a water hose on suspected leak sites to see if it stops the air getting in, or sometimes shaving cream to spot the leak if it is above ground.

Ike

p.s. can you tell us where Abbotsford is located, often knowing where you are can influence our answers to questions

Well found the issue. Just at skimmer. Rubber couplers had been used at some point. And my mother put in a on off timer. And was putting chlorine pucks in the skinner hence the water became super acidic and ate away the rubber. Phewf. Found now fixing it. Abbotsford is near Vancouver bc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.