Rain and Pool Flooding above the skimmers

May 15, 2015
Houston/Texas
Guys,

Thanks for all your help, I found the forums fun to read and informative.
There has been a whole bunch of rain lately in Texas and my pool is rising above the skimmers.

What is the best way to lower the water level so it won't flood the backyard?
I see a valve on the pool equipment the relator told me is a outlet valve to drain the pool but I must keep the pump running.
Looks like a regular valve that I can open and close...

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Big Flop

Welcome to TFP!

Can you post a bit more info on your pool? By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different. Here's where you can enter this info: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

My pool has a drain just above the normal waterline. It performs a similar function as a bathtub overflow drain...when the water rises higher than normal, it drains down an underground pipe that exits into the alley behind our house. This prevents the pool from overflowing. If your pool is in-ground, I would be surprised if you don't have one of these. It may be clogged.

As for draining a pool using the pump, every pool is different. On my pool, you need to close both skimmer valves and the pool cleaner valve. Then you would push the backwash valve all the way down and turn the pump on.

You can get a submersible pump and discharge hose at harbor freight for under $75 combined. I connected mine up to back flush waste line because my alley is on a Main Street and it is against Dallas code to discharge pool to storm drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.