Pump button on Jandy Lite 2

Another season, another repair....

During pool startup my Jandy lite 2 was giving error codes (different codes at different times). Pool heater tech said it was my heater control assembly (R0366200). Just got it from ups and installed and the heater worked on first try!

Now for the interesting part

The pump button doesn't work. It gives an "invalid command" message. This button turned on/off the water flow animation and I always assumed turned on/off an internal pump. Heater guy says there is no pump.

I'm concerned that it's always running.

I haven't tried programming yet, but if that works, I'm afraid it won't turn the pump on without constantly changing the program. All I know is that with the old one, if I tried to turn it off too soon, it would give me the "cooling down" message and keep running.

Do I have any concern? Can it run24/7 without issue?

The LJ heater controller has a built-in time clock to run the pump, so an external time clock is not needed. To utilize the internal time clock, instead of an external time clock, the power for the pump must be wired through the heater. A separate relay must be added to correctly wire the power to the pump. It is recommended to use Jandy part number R0658100 because it is supplied with the wire harness that is needed to connect the relay to the power circuit board.

Heaters do not have pumps inside of them.

So if I understand correctly, the part I replaced with is ok? The original had a the ability to power on/off the pool pump, even if never wired to do that? Guess this also means I don't have a timer for my heater as it really just a timer for the pool pump?

- - - Updated - - -

Just double checked the part you referenced. I'm a little confused. The part I replaced is just the digital display. On the old one this pump button worked, on the new one it gives that error.

Yes the part you replaced is just control board with the digital display. The part I mentioned is the add on part to be able to connect to the pump. You had to be wired to the pump in order to control the pump.

If you do not program the timer, it would display an error. Unless you have the part I mentioned, you wouldn't need to add a timer setting as you aren't controlling a pump. Go to this site below and you will find the manual for the LJ unit. Download it and around page 20 or so is where it talks about the timer.

Parts4heating.com: Pool Heater Parts Jandy Laars Lite 2 LD / LG / LJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.