What's a KC BBQ Society smackdown like???

critterdoc

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 11, 2008
30.0217 -090.2403
New Orleans is one of the cuisine capitals of the world, but IMHO, dine-in and take-out BBQ is not our cup of tea. A poster advertising a "BBQ Smackdown" sponsored by our local Children's Hospital captured my mind's eye. Looking a bit closer I noted that the Kansas City Barbecue Society is "Sanctioning" the event which makes me think that this might be an opportunity to either engage in a bar fight or sample pro prepared BBQ from the four points of the compass.
[attachment=0:2flkt8kh]Barnyard_Smackdown.jpg[/attachment:2flkt8kh]KCBS's website lists a huge array of teams which participate so with luck maybe we'll get a taste of everywhere's BBQ styles. Brown sugar sweet might be high on my list of tastes but I need expert guidance on what to seek out here. You'se guys made me an overnight bleach freak, so now pls edu me about a BBQ Smackdown event.

I also understand that even a novice like me can become an Official KCBS Certified Judge with just one day of training. OMG, free access to that kind of food sounds delightfully dangerous. :lol:

p.s. They oops'd the dates on the poster by a month so I've still got four weeks to get psyched up for this deal.

Attachments

• Barnyard_Smackdown.jpg
    Barnyard_Smackdown.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.