Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Does anyone have an opinion on the accuracy of the CYA test?

To me this one seems highly dependent on the person doing the testing and two different testers could get very different results depending on when they think the dot is obscured - or not.

In my experience, using the TF-100, it does take a time or two to become consistent with the process. Shaking the solutions, measuring them out, and holding it at waist level the same way every time. Then your mind plays tricks on you when staring at that little dot. Even the instructions say it takes a little practice. But if you are doing it yourself, you're guaranteed to do a better job "consistently" than any pool store would do for you.

It is one of the lowest precision and easiest tests to mess up in the kit, no question. However, it is also the most accurate CYA test available to the home user. Test strips are the only other home option as of now and they are far less precise and even more prone to user error.

It takes some practice, but you can get consistent results. Follow the extended directions posted above.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

I have a pool n separate hot tub. When I got this test kit last year, I felt same way as you. This year I used the test kit on my hot tub. After only using the spa store chemicals (same BS as pool store supplies) the cya was way high. It was clear on the test. I even had to do the diluted test for the fun of it. When the dot is gone it's gone. It is a good test and does work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.