Brand new - Could use some support regarding a leak in the concrete of deep end

May 25, 2015
Blue Springs
My family has been replacing their pool liner over the past week or so and discovered a spring/leak in the deep end of the pool that will not stop producing water. We had the liner completely set in place as it was raining during said week, the liner probably accumulated 8-10 inches of water and everything seemed fine but my father was pretty dead set on draining the water from under the liner. The liner is currently moved back and we are in the process of draining but it doesn't seem to get us anywhere.

My actual questions
Is it necessary to stop the spring? Personally I thought that when there was enough water in the deep-end (while the liner was properly set in place) it would just hold the liner down and maybe plug the spring if the liner was PERFECTLY in place.
------If we do need to stop the leak- what steps can we take to do it properly? It seems to me that the leak is too big to stop with a little quick-crete or something of that nature, just looking for suggestions.

If providing some context with pictures will help find a solution I would be glad to go out and take some. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Welcome to TFP!

Assuming you can get the liner in place and filled you will be fine from then on.

The main issue is preventing the spring from shifting the liner while you are placing it and starting to fill the pool.

There are a couple of approaches. You could drain as much as you can and then just try placing the liner and see how things go. If the spring flows slowly enough this can work.

Alternatively, you need to rig a drain pump so you can continue draining while placing the liner. Sometimes this is done with well points outside the pool, sometimes by burying a drain line from the spring to part way up the wall and then disconnecting and leaving the pipe in place after the pool is part way full.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.