Fafco vs Powerstrip Solar heaters?

Hello and Welcome to the forums.
Some great info available here: For Pools - QA

I'm always hesitant when companies state they're superior to who ever. Q: How do the different types of collectors vary in performance?

The performance of pool heating collectors does not vary significantly when comparing their energy delivered per day per square-foot of equivalent collector area (i.e., Btu/day-sq ft). Thermal performance ratings for all collector types are available from the Florida Solar Energy Center Public Information Office. (Request publication FSEC-GP-16.)

What's their warranty? What does it cover? If you DIY are there any exclusions? How do you plug leaks? List of references? I'm looking at some flat panel units for my install.

They are 2 very different solar panels, the Fafco assuming standard panels, not the DIY kits are semi rigid, and the h2ot sun are flexible strips, one has glue on tubes, the other is molded / sonic welded. Given your location I assume freeze damage is not a concern, so that factor is removed. As I see it the BIG advantage the h2ot sun power strips have is the flexible mounting option, so if you need that, then you should consider paying their premium price, if not there are plenty of others to consider, Fafco being just one. When I redid not solar heater (after roof replacement) a couple of years ago, h2ot sun was certainly a contender, and made the short list but in the long run I opted for Techno-Solis bought from PoolHeatpump.com at a price that was a bit cheaper than Solar Direct sells their Vortex panels (Techno-Solis private labelled) as it was over $1,500 less than the quote from h2ot sun for nearly equal roof coverage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.