Looking for information or reviews on the Dolphin

May 31, 2013
New Jersey
We just went to our local pool store where they sell the dolphin. They only had three.. The m200, m400, and one that said supreme (can't remember what came after the word supreme). Anyway the m400 was 1200.00 dollars I think but I can't find reviews or anything about the m200 or the other one. We're not looking to spend 1200.00. Does anyone have a clue about the m200 model, and are these good robotic cleaners? I've read something about black marks on vinyl so I'm not sure how valid those issues are. I really want to avoid ordering online and would much rather buy from the local store if I can. Tia!!

I notice they are much cheaper online. Do you guys recommend buying online? We like the nautilus but the stores don't have that one near us and we are debating buying online through Amazon. If you buy online do you still get the warranty? I also worry about repairs in which you'd have to ship it all the way back. Any advice?

The warranty issue buying online is complicated, and depends on the model. Basically you don't get warranty if you buy a dealer only model online unless the company selling is offering it with an in house warranty. Others are covered if sold by an authorized dealer, so I would suggest sticking with the big guys if you are concerned about warranty, or consider some of the ebay deals out there at significant discount if you are not worried about warranty coverage.

p.s. I had an older Dolphin design the Diagnostic Pro until a couple of weeks ago, my new Aquabot Turbo T (bought off ebay) runs circles around it, faster, better cleaning, ....

Buying online is fine but you need to be aware of possible warranty issues.
Depending on which online site you purchase from and which cleaner you select, you may or not get full warranty.

Its complicated and is a result of competition between brick and mortar stores vs online ones.

Amazon is the toss of a coin, because you dont actually know in most cases, exactly where the cleaner is coming from.

As a FYI,
I have a nautilus and its a great basic cleaner. Does a great job on bottom, and sides, and is easy to remove and clean the filters.

Buying online is fine but you need to be aware of possible warranty issues.
Depending on which online site you purchase from and which cleaner you select, you may or not get full warranty.

Its complicated and is a result of competition between brick and mortar stores vs online ones.

Amazon is the toss of a coin, because you dont actually know in most cases, exactly where the cleaner is coming from.

As a FYI,
I have a nautilus and its a great basic cleaner. Does a great job on bottom, and sides, and is easy to remove and clean the filters.

Thanks guys! Gonna buy the nautilis plus from an online dealer that offers a two-year warranty.

Has anyone had trouble with these robots, in particular the Dolphin line, leaving black marks on vinyl?

Suzie,
no. No black marks on the liner. No one on this forum who has a nautilus has had that issue.
There was one guy who said he knew someone that knew someone. I remember that post vividly and who made it. ...... so lets put this rumour to rest. It dont happen.

I have white steps in my IG vinyl pool and the Nautilus tries to get up on them too. And there are no black marks on my steps either.

I think the Nautilus is a very good basic cleaner for a reasonable price.

Maytronics in general seems to enjoy a pretty good reputation for reliability and longeviety.

Having owned both Maytronics, and Aquabot now, it seems Aquabot consumables (tracks, brushes, etc.) cost a lot less at real world mail order prices, if not MSRP. Something you may wish to compare on the models you are thinking about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I actually got the Dolphin DX3S this summer for our first ever in ground pool purchase (that came with a house) :)

Used it for the first time this weekend and it was FANTASTIC! first pass through the pool and it got everything visible off the bottom and even climbed up to the water line throughout the 16x40 lazy l pool!

We did buy it online through poolsupplyworld and it did come with the warranty (confirmed through a call to maytronics) has two sets of filter cartridges, one fine screen and another paper type cartridge.

I would definitely recommend it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.