Leak - How hard to fix? Pics inside

stslimited84

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2011
North East
Have a leak from the top of the pump. Pictures attached. Not sure how much of a pain this is going to be to fix. The top of the pump is a threaded connection; however the valve is a slip connection. Will the tan piece just unscrew to release itself from the valve and let me remove/readjust the leaky piece?

2py53wz.jpg

j9lhj8.jpg

2uj5kix.jpg

sbox6t.jpg

It looks to me that you can unscrew the coupler, then unscrew the pump fitting. Probably Teflon tape may snug it up, but don't over do it or you might crack your fitting.

There are also PVC thread sealants, but read the directions carefully. You want "seal", not "bond", in case you have to dissemble some day.

Yep, its a union there which is good. Really you just unscrew the union, pull out the pump and unscrew the pipe into the pump. I would then clean it up, use some silicon 810 caulking, which is 100% waterproof, to goop that around the threads and put it back into the pump. Reconnect and let sit for an hour. Then fire it up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.