Why Can't I Find What I Need?

May 17, 2012
Central Georgia
I bought a Hayward leaf canister, model 560, to put in-line with my pool cleaner and vacuum. It's a petty simple construction. The inflow has a female port and the outflow has a male connector. If I connect it t my vacuum, which has a male connector on it, it will fall off if it gets bumped by the pole, which is pretty often. My pool cleaner won't work correctly with it attached since it changes the weight and balance of it. What I need is a section of hose with a male connector on one end and a female on the other, but both my local pool stores look at me like I have three heads when I ask them about one. Doing a search on Amazon for one comes up negative. You would think this should be a simple thing to acquire but I have been chasing this issue for months.

Help!

It sounds like what you need is a sectional hose. This is the type of hose used for Baracuda cleaners. They are about 4 feet long and have a male and female end so they snap together. There are also adapters that are much shorter that will do the same thing. You can look at this site to see the hoses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.