CYA test

Bobswe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2012
Cinnaminson NJ
On the instructions on the CYA test it says fill with pool water to bottom line of tube but there's no bottom line other than the one that says 100?. But on the cya test tube I'm not sure if thats the bottom line I should use? Very frustrated because it looks like I have Ammonia in the water again. Very Frustrated to come across one problem after another. My PH read 6.8 and I cant get a FR reading even dumping in 4 gallons 12.5% bleach. Any suggestions?:(:(:(

You should have the small container with the red cap. Fill that container with pool water to the bottom the label. Then fill to the top of that label with the agent. Shake it, then let it settle for 30 sec. Then shake again. After the 2nd shake, start filling-up your skinny CYA tube. Keep it at waist level and slowly start putting drops from the container you shook into the skinny tube. Once you no longer see the black dot, look at the water level on the tube. That's your CYA reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.