Need to Shock but drained water..

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Hey all, let me start by saying BBB kept my pool crystal clear all summer. Thanks!!!

Ok, I already drained my water to 2" below the returns. PB is coming to close next week (I am going to watch and do it myself next year) and my TC is only 1.5ppm. He said I need to get it up to 7-8ppm. I am leary to add the approx 4 gals of bleach needed now that the pump is not running. My plan is to just add to deep end and swirl water around with net.

Thoughts?

Hi jj,

If it was my pool, I would add one gallon around the perimeter of the pool and then brush the entire pool. Then I would repeat as needed - add one gallon and brush, etc.(3 more times?).

After that, I would brush the entire pool AGAIN! This may seem like overkill to some, but it is just my opinion. Others will chime in soon. :)

If I remember correctly, you recently had a new liner installed? You do not want to take a chance on any chlorine puddling!

Good luck!

JJ, do you have a sump pump you could hook up to provide circulation? If not Joyce's and Tiz's advice would certainly work :wink:

OR, if the plumbing isn't winterized, use the same source of suction you used to drain the pool to restart the pump for circulation - you'll airate the pool with the water below the returns, but you'd have the circulation needed to dose the pool.

I have the sump pump running.. Looks like it pumps 1260 Gph. Take me a full day to turn over the water. :)

Pool closing is in 8 days. Should I just keep the pump runninng until then?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.