Success Story! Just wanted to say thanks!

layla2052

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2014
Northeast Alabama
I wanted to give you guys all the credit and say many thanks for all of your help, advice and instruction over the past year. This is my second season with this pool (got it late last season and never had a pool before) and I couldn't be more pleased with how the pool looked when I removed its winter cover. Looked just like it did when I covered it back in Oct! Started it up in the morning, dropped the vac in, checked the chems in the evening and this is what I had... FC 2, ph 7.2, CYA 30, TA 100, water temp 70 degrees. Didn't lower the water when I covered it but rainwater on the cover pushed about 1 1/2 inches out before a got a cover pump so I had to top it off a little. Added my bleach, circulated for a couple of hours then turned the return up to aerate and bring the ph up a little. Added some stabilizer to cover the addition of the new water. By the next day, it looks like this!

Super clear, sparkling water! I could read a newspaper laying on the bottom and it is 50 inches deep! :) The french drains are going in now and then the decking to follow. All who have been over to work around it have been shocked at how good it looks now that its uncovered and then promptly converted to to this method of pool care. Managing this pool gets easier all the time & I know it will be near maintenance free by the time we're done with the landscaping. Thanks again so much, guys! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.