Questions about the filter bags?

PJBear

May 25, 2014
Owen Sound, ON
After you rinse out the filter bags on your robot cleaner, do you let them dry out or do you reinstall them immediately?

Secondly, does anyone ever wash them with bleach or in their washing machine after rinsing? Just wondering if they get algae growing in them or not? I do rinse them immediately after vacuuming the pool.

Thanks, PJ.

Are you asking what I do, or what Maytronics says to do? ;-).

I have a couple of older Dolphin Diagnostics, which have the very thick filter bags. I generally take the bag off, turn it inside-out, rinse with a hose, wring it out, turn it right side-in, and stick it right back in Dolphin. When rinsing it out does not seem to be enough, I run it through the washing machine, by itself, using detergent and bleach. Funny enough it is about every 60 days or so.. My newer Dolphin has a very thin bag which I don't use, so I can't say what I'd do with it.

Maytronics says "Wash the filter bag or cartridge. Clogged filter bags/cartridges reduce scanning and cleaning efficiency. Once every 60 days, machine wash the filter bag in a washing machine using a regular synthetic cycle and light detergent. Hang to air dry.

Jim R.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.