Every single pool is different. The only way to find out what is right for your pool is to measure the FC level, if it is low turn up the percentage, if it is high turn down the percentage. Over time you can zero in on the correct setting.

I'm not familiar with the Jandy AquaPure, but if it's properly sized for your pool, I would say 90% is going to be way to high. I have the Pentair IC40 and the most I ever have to run it is 40%, with 20 to 30% being more the norm. I'd set it at 50% and see were that gets you. You may want to check your chlorine daily till you get it stable.

I've been real happy with the new Aqua Rite T-15 I just put in. Last summer had to run old one at 75%. Started the new one at 50% and now down to 12% but watching daily for FC to drop. CYA is 30-50. Pool is 45,000.

Isn't it recommend running a 70-80ppm CYA for a SWCG ??

Hi Scott,
here is some useful reading for you both regarding setting up your SWG and the recommended levels to maintain your pool. Im sure you will have a lot more questions so please feel free to post them when they come up.

TFTestkits.net is an excellent resource for a top notch test kit, which you will definitely need. The TF100 is the best bang for the buck.

Here is a link to recommended levels. If you will keep your chemistry balanced to these recommendations, you will not have any problems with it.
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Here is a link to the Chlorine/ CYA chart. You want to maintain your chlorine relative to the CYA level. This is the 1st building block of good pool chemistry
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Here is a link to the Pool Math calculator. Its invaluble in determining how much of something you need to add
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

this should get you started... as time permits, please click on teh Pool School Button at top of the page, its really important sort of understand at least what some of the things are, such as TA, Calcium content, CYA, etc and the ABC's of Pool Chemistry will get you started.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

The pictures of your pool are impressive. All things considered, that is easily close to a $100,000 pool including all the decking and extras. I noticed, though, that there are a lot of trees hanging over the water and the rocks have a lot of crevices where algae can grow. That may explain why they were running the SWG so hard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The three main variables is speed of pump, run time per day and a salt cell that is sized properly. Then just use a systematic approach to dialing it in. You will probably be checking the FC everyday until it's fine tuned.
My pool likes 1200 RPM, approx 6 hours a day at 40-50% desired output with current weather conditions. Mid to late summer usually requires 60% output

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.