Pricing and Sourcing CYA

I buy mine at Lowes, since it is only generally lost through water replacement and not evaporation, there is no real need to stock up

p.s. why would you want 25 pounds anyway, that would send your CYA to 120 ppm assuming a fresh fill, which is nearly double the suggested level for an SWG pool and three times the suggested level for a manually dosed pool

If you Google "25lb stabilizer" you can find the same thing for $53.99 from backyardpoolsuperstore.com. If you buy $100 of merchandise from them, shipping is free. Might be worth it if there's something else pricey they sell that you need.

I buy mine at Lowes, since it is only generally lost through water replacement and not evaporation, there is no real need to stock up

p.s. why would you want 25 pounds anyway, that would send your CYA to 120 ppm assuming a fresh fill, which is nearly double the suggested level for an SWG pool and three times the suggested level for a manually dosed pool

Buying in bulk generally always lowers the cost of the goods being purchased. Just because you buy 25 lbs doesn't mean you can't save it for next season :D

My pool always seems to need CYA every opening.

If you Google "25lb stabilizer" you can find the same thing for $53.99 from backyardpoolsuperstore.com. If you buy $100 of merchandise from them, shipping is free. Might be worth it if there's something else pricey they sell that you need.

Thats where I found the listing for $68. For some reason the other result didn't show up earlier. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two are the containers. One being a bag vs a plastic bucket with a lid. At $2.15 a pound that is the best deal I've seen by far.

so the next question would be, does CYA lose like chlorine? if its sits in a bucket for 2 years will it go bad?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.