Just Borated...and question about variable return jets

ITR

Gold Supporter
Nov 8, 2014
Clermont, FL
I just borated my pool over the last 72 hours. Definitely have the silkier feel of the water. Not sure I noticed anymore clear/sparkling water...it was pretty clear to begin with. Used 25 pounds of Boric Acid from Dudas and the process was incredibly easy! I would definitely recommend people use the boric acid route. Dump it in....test for pH 24 and 48 hours later and borated 48 hours later and you're good. The borate article had me worried due to the complexity...and my constant challenge of rising pH (5 month old pool), but the boric acid kept everything right in line.

My next question...on the journey of TFP awesomeness...

Do you recommend variable jets like the iJet (http://www.1paramount.com/products/ijet/)? I was originally searching for them for my spa as only four of the five jets are active with the pump on high. With the booster on they all fire so I know it's not a pipe blockage so I suspect its just a lack of water pressure pushing to five returns (the pool only has three). I pretty much confirmed this by putting my hand over one jet and the final one does fire.

So here are my questions:

1) Are these variable jets "bunk" or do they really work? The reason I ask if that the on I found comes from the same company (Paramount) that makes the Clear O3. I know what you guys think of that device (and which I would have known prior to signing the contract).

2) Can I put these in my spa or do spas take special jets?

You guys are great, especially Jason and chemgeek. I have no idea what the pool would look like without you! Thanks to all for being so helpful to a "noob".

Thanks, Jason.

So are there variable jets for a spa or something else...or was this just a bad design since only four of the five returns fire at one time?

I'm not a huge fan of running the blower, which will definitely fire all five, as the water seems cooler when it's drawing in the air.

BTW...the pump was off last night when I went out. Wow..the water truly is crystal clear. You wouldn't even know water is in the pool. Glad I followed the advice in the post and went ahead with this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.