Don't have any "flat" surfaces....is it safe to create my own???

May 24, 2015
London
Hi! New to these forums but so glad I stumbled across it, as I'm having a pool logistics dilemma!
Basically, my final art degree show is coming up and I have bought a 15 ft in diameter and 4 feet deep BESTWAY above ground pool (one you set up with poles)!! I will be a mermaid inside it with a camera in the pool projecting me underwater on a screen haha

My trouble is, that outside my school there are no flat surfaces only cobble stone -- the cobble stone is pretty even though, not jagged and haphazard like in an old historic town -- but again the surface is a bumpy since the stones are slightly above the inch of cement in between each one.
Would it be dangerous to set up my pool and fill with water on this bumpy surface???

i was thinking perhaps I could create my own flat surface on top of the concrete -- I was thinking sand, but then thought maybe that's hard to get sand even on a bumpy surface and the weight of the water would move it -- then I was thinking foam, but then again I thought maybe the foam (the piece together ones) would come apart because of the weight of the water and also the foam might become bumpy compressed against the concrete floor?
Then I thought OOH maybe artificial lawn????? or even some kind of carpet but a few carpets layered up
i saw something called Gorilla / Elephant padding that looked perfect however it's hundreds of pounds

The pool will only be up for one week

maybe I am overthinking it ,usually I wouldn't be so cautious and just put it up on any flat surface I find lol, however there will be other people's work around and I'll be in trouble if it falls over and floods everywhere lol!!!!

anyone here have any advice or know if a roll of fake grass/foam/carpet will do???
thanks so much if so!!!!

from Stevie ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.