sere81 - underground water

sere81

Apr 30, 2013
This kind of thing happens any time the ground water level is higher than the water level in the pool. Usually if you raise the water level in the pool up to the top of the skimmer that will take care of it. As long as the bottom of the liner doesn't shift you will be fine. If the bottom shifts you need to go very slowly and make sure the bottom gets moved back into place before filling much above the ground water level.

So I will tell you the problem and see what you suggest. I took all the water out of my pool cleaned it and started filling back up well the liner came off track while i was away from home, flooded the whole yard. Well I got it back on track started filling up again and it happened again. Do you think the liner shifted and all the sand sunk down to where the liner doesnt fit anymore? or Is it because I didnt suck the air out so the liner can reach the wall of the pool? Now if its the air not being sucked out do you suggest tape going over the holes to do so?

Re: Groundwater problem with vinyl liner

So I will tell you the problem and see what you suggest. I took all the water out of my pool cleaned it and started filling back up well the liner came off track while i was away from home, flooded the whole yard. Well I got it back on track started filling up again and it happened again. Do you think the liner shifted and all the sand sunk down to where the liner doesnt fit anymore? or Is it because I didnt suck the air out so the liner can reach the wall of the pool? Now if its the air not being sucked out do you suggest tape going over the holes to do so?

You will be way better off if you start a new thread rather than add a question to a 4 year old post ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.