brand new here's my numbers now what

Assuming the water is clear, you can swim right now.

There are two things you should do fairly soon. Raise TA to around 70 and raise CYA to around 40.

Add 2 ppm of chlorine each evening until 24 hours after you add CYA, then switch to targeting an FC level based on your target CYA level.

So I love my pool!
I'm 3 wks in and have adjusted my chemistry little by little using the pool math calculator and tfp system. I think I'm right where I need to be, but wouldn't mind some expert opinions or recommendations. I even did an oclt to confirm all is well. All I can say is that this forum rocks! Been reading a lot so I know where to look if I run into problems. For now though, I think I'm trouble free :)
Numbers now:
FC 3
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 80
CYA 40
CH 75
Last night's FC 3.5 and CC 0.5

I think this is yay!??

Thanks. Yes I've thought about upping the cl a little. So far I've kept it consistently minimum but it's getting hot here and I want to prevent algae or other problems rather than have to fix them for sure. My husband is a little sensitive to cl. He doesn't jump in with me too often so I keep it low to be sure and not scare him off :)

I'll bump it up during the work week when he least likely to join me I think.
Thanks!

He doesn't jump in with me too often so I keep it low to be sure and not scare him off :)
Do what my wife does, she just doesn't tell me if there is something she doesn't want me to know. In a properly balanced pool, he is not going to be able to tell the difference between 3 & 5 ppm FC. He will notice the pH out of range a lot quicker.

Those numbers are great. Good job!

I am with Tim 100% on keeping FC a little above target for your CYA. The heat and extra swimming snuck my FC down to 1.5 last weekend and I had to deal with a few algae spots. And that is in a pool that has been TFP crystal clear for 3 years! We've been swimming for a week with FC at 25ppm, cya 70, and it has been peachy. My son didn't even know. About 3 days in I asked him if he noticed the extra chlorine or if his eyes bothered him any and he said he couldn't tell anything was different at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.