Wireless Pool Thermometers

Sep 1, 2011
I would like to ask for Feedback on other members selection of Pool Thermometers. Especially the wireless/remote reading types. How and where do I add that into the forums?

I have had bad experience with the Aquatech Item 4301 marketed (at one time) by Game Inc.com. But their web site is not usable except by email and I can't get them to reply to my email.

I am currently considering the Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer at a price of $39.99 from Amazon.

Does any one have other experience with wireless pool temp measuring devices?

Mike Claffy [email protected]

Last edited:
Mike, I use the Acurite wireless Pool & Spa thermometer. Works good for about a year of continual use. Then they fail. I think I am on my forth unit? All the others fail with the sensor. I never have gotten the leaks and corrosion that everyone else complains about. I have even replaced the sensor. I buy them from Home Depot when there on sale for $20. For that price you get what pay for. Hope that helps.

that is exactly the model I bought, I have batteries in it and it is working fine.. I HAVE NOT been able to test in water for extended time yet (pool not build because of flooding in OK ) .. one of the complaint's was water getting in it so I used monster PTFE tape on the threads..

http://www.amazon.com/Millrose-70885-Monster-Thread-1429-Inch/dp/B009YA09D0/ref=pd_bxgy_60_text_z

517uWPGT1FL.jpg

Mike, I use the Acurite wireless Pool & Spa thermometer. Works good for about a year of continual use. Then they fail. I think I am on my forth unit? All the others fail with the sensor. I never have gotten the leaks and corrosion that everyone else complains about. I have even replaced the sensor. I buy them from Home Depot when there on sale for $20. For that price you get what pay for. Hope that helps.
im on my second season with my AcuRite. I like that it interfaces with my AcuRite weather station and publishes my pool temperature to the web so I can look when I travel.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried the Accu-Rite ones and they always leaked. That said, we've had some good reports with them, and one of Mods (Tim5055) has had good luck with his I believe.
Yup. For full disclosure, my first one did leak, but it was user error..... Can't blame them.

They are a available in the garden section of Home Depot. I have Amazon Prime and while 2 day shipping is nice, having it in my hand today is even better for my instant gratification personality.