May 30, 2008
Fort Gratiot MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone,

I have a friends who's daughter has a copper sensitivity. Dont know why it just is. The Doctor told her that she cannot go into swimming pools because of the copper in the water will be absorbed by her body and it is bad for her.

So I told my friend that the only way that copper can get into the water is for it to leach into it from a heater core, or by using copper based agecides.

My questions is 2 fold.

Was I right with that assumption? And is there any other way for copper to get into the water, and how does he get it out?

I ask as he has a soft sided pool that he wants to put up next year, and asked my advice on how to get water that has no copper in it so that his daughter can swim in it.

Thanks
Brian

Re: Cooper in the body and swimming pools.

There are lots of ways copper can get into a pool, but there are also loads of pools in the world with little or no copper present. You can test for and remove it. But I'm more concerned about the Doc's advice. I'd have the friend ask the doctor a hypothetical 'what if there was a pool with no copper in it' first to be sure that's what he meant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.