Energy Efficient Pump Recommendation

twotix

May 8, 2015
Orlando, FL
Do keep in mind that the only way to get the super efficient 2speed is to do a motor only replacement. They aren't offered as complete pump units (to the best of my knowledge).
Chris

Hey Chris!

Great point! My 8 year old Intelliflo VF ((011012) LCD Control Panel went blank about a year ago so I have been flying blind on manual. I have a built-in leaky Caretaker head so ran it at low speed anyway to avoid the Caretaker energy use. Yesterday, I was trying to get the pump started as their was power to it and there was a loud pop and now it is dead with no power.

Seems the drive assembly blew and that part is over $600 so I was wondering if I could still get a 2 speed motor replacement and circumvent the electronics module? Attached a few pics of my configuration. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
The IntelliFlo wet end is exactly the same as a 3 HP WhisperFlo, so you can replace the motor with the kind of motor use on a WhisperFlo if you want to. If you go that route, you will want to change the impeller to something smaller at the same time you change the motor, as a 3 HP two speed is rather too large in almost every case.

The IntelliFlo wet end is exactly the same as a 3 HP WhisperFlo, so you can replace the motor with the kind of motor use on a WhisperFlo if you want to. If you go that route, you will want to change the impeller to something smaller at the same time you change the motor, as a 3 HP two speed is rather too large in almost every case.
Thanks! Will keep that in mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.