I didn't use ground supports for Intex AGP, is this ok?

May 23, 2015
Island Park
Hi all! I just put up my first pool! Am Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 42" round! My family is so excited. When researching the pool, I saw lots of folks with bricks or stone under their legs so that was my intention. However, the stones I bought made the ladder to snug to the top rail, so I decided not to use them. My surface is packed and level dirt, only about 6 feet from the water table (I live 2 minutes from the Atlantic ocean) sand to finish leveling and a gorilla cloth.

I am worried that my pool will sink! It is full now, and about 3/4 inch high on one side.

Thanks for this great forum and any help!

I've never used anything under mine. They've maybe sunk a half inch or so. You don't notice it.

The pavers are an ounce of prevention. Rather than worry about the possibility of sinking a lot of us decided to take the worry out and use pavers. The legs don't *have* to sink but I guess in the end if they do, you'll know how to fix it! So if your pool is already full of water there isn't much to do but watch and hope they don't sink or if they do it's a small enough amount that it won't be an issue.

Hopefully your hard packed dirt will stay that way and there won't be any problems! :)

And... welcome to TFP! :)

*edited to add*

BTW, I think people usually dig down to place the pavers level with the dirt in which case you wouldn't have the problem of raising the pool frame into the ladder. :)

A lot of it depends on your ground and how hard packed it is. Some ground is very hard, others soft. If you need a pick to break into the ground, then its nice and hard, and I would not worry too much right now. But it you can use a shovel with little effort, then its soft and I would be keeping a eye on it. If it starts sinking more than 1" out of level, you should drain, level again, and puts some blocks or at least some 12" square boards under as support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.