We set an intergalactic record for rainfall in May in Texas. The lake by us which hasn't been full since 2011 and was 13'low earlier this year is now 14' above flood stage and all spillways have been open for weeks. I have had to add CYA to my pool 3 or 4 times and salt at least twice from all the overflow. But, other than rain keeping the water cold there has not been any other impact in our pool.

Do a test on your water to see IF your CYA is low. Then use pool math to see how much to add IF your CYA is low. IF your CYA is low you can use the granular shock. Just make sure you know how much you need (using pool math)

Kim

I haven't added any CYA. I am sure the only reason why it is at 60 is because I found this site & the BBB method I was using powder shock.

Here is an updated pic of the pool. The color is really blue! Now how much longer are we guesstimated for total clarity? I can ALMOST see the bottom of the shallowest end! 6-3.jpg

It's mainly patience at this point while your sand filter cleans the dead algae. There should be some articles on adding DE to the filter to help it clean better in Pool School. If you can point the jets in a way to improve circulation by removing dead spots, that can also help a little.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Best place to find DE in your case is a friend that has a DE filter. I gave a friend a solo cup last year and she is still using from it. Some Wal-Mart's and Lowe's have it. It will be in a box called filter media or filter aid.

I was able to pick up my box of DE powder at Home Depot for about $20. My sand filter had been running 24/7 for roughly a week and had not reduced the clouds in my water. 3 days with DE powder and constant backwashing made my water sparkle.

My CYA was 60 going through my SLAM process. I am planning to let it drift down over the season.

Also wanted to note that we had a very severe storm again today, added almost 5 in of water to my pool, fullest I have ever seen it (except when getting water hauled in) and those socks were NASTY. Fullest I have ever seen them of that tan/slightly greenish gunk!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.