Newpoolcrazy introduction

Newpoolcrazy

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2015
La Porte, TX
So glad to have found this site. I'm brand new to pool care and have learned a lot from this site already. I was originally complaining about all the rain we've been getting, and it's not going to stop soon. But I'm looking at the bright side. All this rain is really forced me to understand MY pool. Blessing in disguise. If you're having the same problems, it's a pain but I really think you learn faster.
Thanks to all for the help so far.

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of rain around DFW as well, though we did salvage part of the day. The recent rains have no doubt helped fill our lakes but some of them are getting close to flood pool now. At this point, I'd like to send some of this rain to CA.

As far as pool management goes, the amount of rain we've had recently tends to reduce CH through water dilution which is good for most of us. However, keep an eye on CYA as that will get diluted as well. Make sure it doesn't go below 30 ppm. And, of course, continue monitoring FC levels.

Haha Yeah, my pool runneth over here a couple times in the last few weeks. I've had to stop swimming for a few days just because the ground is so saturated I can't afford to splash!!
BUT the good news, is that I got my new test kit and my numbers seem ok from what I understand so far. Happy Summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support