Hello from Tyler,Texas

May 23, 2015
Tyler texas
Hi, this is our third summer with our pool. Still trying to figure it all out. It has been pure luck and a lot of money. Working on using the bob method and just ordered the test kit. Terrible algae problems to start the swimming season off with. Does not help that we have had 62 days of rain out of 123 days this year!

Welcome to the forum. You will see there are a lot of Texans here, but hey it's a big state. I hear you about the rain. Mowing today because I don't want to install the floating to mow in the rain next week. Plus everything Tyler had moves my way. You come to the right place. Start with pool school. Take it in small chunks. It might seem like a lot of info but it really does get easy. Ask questions, that's what we are here for. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Welcome to TFP! I like old pools!

Can't have only been 62 days of rain! At least 100 of 123! Or maybe no rain the first 60 and every day the last 60. :)

Good job ordering a TF100, it is my fave test kit.

When you get it give us some test results, if your pool isn't clear yet then you can SLAM Your Pool.

Here are some intro Pool School articles to read while you wait for your test kit
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

Welcome to TFP!

Isaac-1 said:
I just wanted to say welcome, and of course there is a surprise pool party over at Daves for the holiday. The big question at the moment is does Dave know about it.
icon_smile.gif
That's what makes it a surprise!