Major Liner issues

Castle

Sep 22, 2012
Hello!
I've never had this problem before but I uncovererd the pool today and saw this...

Major Liner drop and creasing!

The liner was replaced shortly before I bought the house 6 years ago and I've never had any issue with it.

I have a whole whole lot of water that travels through my yard but I have added major drainage in the last couple years. However this was a particularly wet year so I don't know if there was a floating liner issue or what.

I guess the big question here is what do I do? replace or drain and try to repair?
Thanks in advance!

Almost surely liner float.

You will be able to probably reattach the liner if you drain a lot of water but I doubt you will ever get all the wrinkles out......hard to say but worth a try.

I think you are probably in for a new liner and then working on your drainage some more to keep it from happening again.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Really wet winter here this year - not sure how to fix drainage more than I already have.

So either way it's time to start draining the water out right?

We had something similar happen some years ago when we had two back to back bad noreasters come through. :(

The place we bought the pool from was able to fix it, but we didn't have the wrinkles you have in the bottom of the pool.

the neighbor behind us also had his liner float, but he just reattached it and left the wrinkles alone. It doesn't look great, but it's perfectly functional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.