Polaris 65 only goes backwards

May 23, 2015
Barnegat, NJ
I'm trying to diagnose the failing part in my Polaris 65. I've read other posts and still am not sure what the issue on mine might be. I've taken the top off and watched what the pistons does.

Since it only goes backwards, the piston is stuck in the 'down' position. If I pull the piston out and turn everything on, the piston spins and goes back down, changing the jets from front to back. When it reaches the fully down position, it gets stuck there. There is a little pressure relief hole at the end of the piston tube that water is constantly coming out of. When then piston is stuck in the down position, I can place my finger over the hole and then the piston will begin to move up. Releasing my finger allows it to continue to the up position and then back down where it gets stuck again.

I've taken apart the entire assembly and everything move smoothly. I've also cleaned the little filter screen.

I'm thinking the one way valves in the piston are getting stuck and I need a new piston. Does this sound accurate?

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.