Leak in Plubming

May 24, 2012
Ottawa
Hi,

I'm almost certain I have a leak in my plumbing.

At one of my connections in the pool shed I have a drip when the pump is running. At first I thought my water loss was this, until I went into the shed this morning and heard a hissing sound. When I turn the pump off, there is a hissing sound coming from the drip area. The leak is taking in air which I can only assume means water is leaving the plumbing somewhere else.

I see no signs of water loss above ground. The pool was installed last year.

What are my next steps? I'd really like to avoid having my brand new interlock torn up......

Thanks so much.

Hiss/Drip is coming from the highlighted joint.

Haven't done a bucket test yet but I've lost about an inch and a half per week since it's been opened. Been a dry couple of weeks but it seems like i've had to top up more this year than last July/Aug/Sept when I had it built last summer. First time pool owner so maybe I'm just paranoid.

I'm going to plug the drip/hiss spot tonight and then do the bucket test.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 75
1.5 " loss per week is not overly abnormal....some, but not overly.

Fix that leak (I don't know how you are going to "plug" a pressure side leak on that joint) and see what your loss is. If it drops to an inch/week or less, I would ignore it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.