Initial Pool Concepts-Thoughts?

Nov 22, 2014
Dallas Texas
Hi all, we got some initial concept drawings for the backyard and wanted to get input from folks on what they liked and didn't like. Not sure if this picture will be big enough to really understand what we are doing, but its what I've got.

Comments?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-05-20 18.36.52.jpg
    2015-05-20 18.36.52.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 428
It was a little hard to tell from your pics what was what. I like concept 1-b because the pool is not to close to the house ( gives you patio room ). I also like that it is not the first thing you run into when you enter backyard. The only thing I would reconsider is the outdoor kitchen ( if that is what is on your plan , hard to see). The further away from the house the more you have to carry out and multiple trips from house. Otherwise very nice design. Are you going to make the pool all the same depth for volleyball etc.? Would make a great court. I also like the shape so you can swim laps.

Yes. It's an outdoor kitchen but it's a full kitchen. Fridge, dishwasher, pantry, cabinets. It's self contained. Don't have to go back into the house kitchen. But I understand the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a more basic drawing that I hope might be clearer. This is concept 1b
attachment.php

Also, the pool is a diving pool, but its 50 x19, so even with the diving envelope there is plenty of room for volleyball in the shallow end.

Attachments

• 2015-05-20 20.26.09.jpg
    2015-05-20 20.26.09.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 398
Ok now I can see it better and I really like concept 2. Love the cigar area! Carefull though with that outdoor dishwasher...she will know you know how to use it LOL All kidding aside this is a real thought out plan. Take plenty of pis can"t wait to see this one

Thanks. I understand the comments re-flipping the pool and putting patio close to house, but we've decided not to do that for lots of reasons. There will be plenty of storage under roof in the cabana so there won't be a need to head back to the house and the view from the back of the house need to overlook the pool rather than into the back of the cabana.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree with keeping the kitchen/cabana away from house with pool between.
This enhances the away from home oasis feel of this area.
I have friends with their outdoor kitchen at the far end of their pool and it has made them use it more rather than less.
I would lean toward the 1-B concept as it separates from the garages as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.