Beginner getting it balanced

zed88

Jun 3, 2014
chicago
Hi Everyone,This is my second year with the pool up and running and this year I'm getting serious about getting everything balanced very well. Last year everything was clear and using test strips (ugg) everything seemed to be pretty good with great clarity and no problems. We had very high iron levels when we first filled (turned pool green) but 2 days of filtering and washing filter removed that. My primary concerns are protecting the heat exchanger on heater and general equipment and keeping it safe. Pool at the current water level is 7500-7600 gallons.

Here's my readouts (tested a few times to make sure results were consistent). Pool is generally kept heated from 75-92f, and covered 100% of the time except when in use (5-10 hours a week). Using Triclor pucks and shocking occasionally (probably need better guidance on this).

PH 7.2 -Does this need to be raised? Whats the best method?
FC 14 -Is this high enough for CYA level or should it be reduced? I've removed pucks from the floater and closed it up.
CC 0
TC 14
TA 150 -I know this seems high (whats the best way to deal with this?)
CYA -60 -This seems high. Is it a real concern? Seems water replacement is the only real solution. Pool is in sunlight 50% of day but always covered.
CH 420 -Also seems high. Don't want it to damage vinyl liner.

Thanks for your help getting this balanced!

Your numbers look good. PH will likely rise on its own with TA on the high side. CYA is fine ( a little high, but shouldn't hurt anything) CH does not really affect vinyl so you are good there.

I want to note that you should probably let FC drop below 10. The PH may not be accurate above 10 FC. I would retest once FC is below 10. I keep my FC 7/8 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.