Do I need to SLAM??

Aug 15, 2014
st peters mo
I just opened the pool and am not sure if I should SLAM. It has been open for a few weeks now, and water is very clear, but there a small spots here and there where green algae is starting to grow on the bottom. I have been brushing it and vacuuming and it seems to move around a little. I have been maintaining FC around 4-7. (pH is 7.8, TA is 70, CYA is 50-60). I thought about doing the overnight test for FC...I tested about 5 pm and got a reading of 7. pump and swg shut down around 8 pm and I tested again just now (pump and swg have not yet started for the day) and got a reading of around 5.5.

So would SLAMing help here, or should I just continue keeping levels in range and chasing the little bits of algae? I attached some pics, but it is barely visible in them. It really is a small amount, but I've not had this before and am a bit annoyed with it.

Thanks!

FullSizeRender[1].jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Yes SLAM whenever you get algae. Keep the pump running 24/7 and raise your FC to slam level. It should go quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I missed the ph. Add acid and bring it down for the slam.

- - - Updated - - -

Your slam level is 24

FC 2.5
CC .5
TA 200
PH 7.5
OTCL 1

My pool is nearly crystal clear but still a bit cloudy and I just got done slamming after a very cloudy pool but didn't wait until crystal clear. The pressure is only 4% over clean and was wondering if I should be doing anything else. Vinyl liner pool. 21500 gallons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.