Are all CyA reagents mixed the same?

Aug 6, 2008
Honolulu
The question is can one substitute different CyA reagents for the test, such as those made by Taylor, Rainbow, Pentair? I have both the Taylor small plastic bottle, and the Pentair tube, but the pool store only has the Rainbow reagent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha.

Are Rainbow and Pentair the same company from looking at test kits for other chemicals on-line it seems they are, I could be mistaken?

Wait for Waterbear or Chemgeek, to view this post is a good idea.

Thank you to waste and JasonLion, for your replies.

Aloha.

PS. It is hot and humid here with Volcanic Vog blowing in from the big island of Hawaii's Kilauea volcanoe, as the trade winds have been very intermittent. Looks like the "Valley" outside LA in the summer and feels just as muggy, oh for a Georgia fall day. I'm jealous but at least it is hot enough to swim, well one cannot have everything.

Rainbow or Rainbow/Lifeguard are Pentair brand names. Pentair seems to be phasing out or has phased out many of their brand names (Rainbow, Compool, Letro, American, PacFab, StaRite, etc.) and are now branding the same products with the Pentair name. As far as I can tell Penair and Taylor reagents are not interchangable for many of the tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.