Solar PLUS auto cover

Is an auto cover sufficient enough to keep temp warm.

I have a CoverStar auto-cover. From what I can tell, it has no thermal insulating properties what-so-ever. I've owned solar covers in the past and been impressed with their insulating properties. Don't expect that from an auto-cover unless it is stated to be a true thermal barrier. My auto-cover does do a good job of minimizing evaporation and keeping the pool relatively clean.

95% of what a solar cover does is prevent evaporation. An auto cover will be just as good at that as a solar cover, and way easier to put on and take off.

Agree, but I found that the overall effect of a solar cover was beneficial to extending the swimming season because it could contribute heating days even if you might not remember to open the auto cover, or went on vacation. Those would be days that a solar cover would be continuously gathering the sun's rays and contributing towards keeping the pool warm. The solar cover can also gather sun while also limiting evaporation, something an auto-cover can't do. I guess I'm saying there's a usage pattern dependancy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.