Too much rain pool is collapsing

TNTNTX

May 22, 2015
Burleson/TX
I'm in the process of installing a my FIRST in ground pool. The dig was complete and the plumbing installed. Almost everywhere the plumber excavated, the dirts had collapsed, thus breaking forms and putting stress on the plumbing. We've had record amounts of rain causing the dilemma. The contractor doesn't seem to be worried, should I?

Thanks for the prompt reply. It's just a lot of CASH and it's going down the drain right now. Everyone says not to worry, but I'm a retired firefighter. I worried for a living:D

Hold up....

No worrying allowed here :deal: It's just a pool forum, and we are here for fun. :lol:

Welcome to TFP, and all kidding aside he will recover, but it's on him, so no loss for you. I feel bad for the both of you, but it will work out when things dry out a little. Glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the forum. :cheers:

You can blame it all on my wife... :drown:

She had a pool put in at the beginning of this year. Apparently when they dug into our back yard they hit some Indiana Jones like tomb and unleashed some kind of ancient weather god that had been locked up for 1,000 years and boy was he ******. Busting into his tomb caused some type of massive low pressure area right over my house that has been sucking in every rain cloud within 2,000 miles. The way it appears at this point, it won't quit raining until before its time to close the pool for the winter. Sigh!!!

Oh.. and people in California are now asking her to come out there and build their pools. :p

Jim R.

Like Tim said, a reputable builder will know how to handle the problem. It's just a bump in the road to them. Be sure to ask questions. It's your yard and you have a right to know if he has a good plan going forward. If something doesn't sound right, ask someone else and/or post it on here.

You can blame it all on my wife... :drown:

Oh.. and people in California are now asking her to come out there and build their pools. :p

Jim R.

Yes, however the visits to California the last few weeks, all on Thursdays by the way, have been very limited. Just a drizzle here and there. One week was nice and steady, but the others have been kind of a tease. We would prefer a really good soaking - a few inches would be nice...signed pool builders in CA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.